I discovered the real pleasure of having the cake and eating it too when I hired a campervan for me and my husband for a trip around Scotland; nothing comes close to the experience. It is a heady combination of embracing and enjoying the wild outdoors with the comforts of your own bed and your own kitchen; it must find a place in everyone’s bucket list.
So, if you have decided that your next holiday is in a campervan, here are few guidelines on choosing the right vehicle.
- Must be comfortable to drive: Driving vans requires more skill than your everyday car. Hence, when you select a vehicle to choose one that you are able to drive and maneuver in hilly terrain and narrow roads and by lanes.
- It must be self-sufficient: Look out for a van where the power for all the necessary facilities is met from the vehicle and you do not need any external power source. This way all your shower, heating and kitchen will be taken care of at all times.
- Must be large: You must choose a campervan size depending on the number of people traveling on it. Always choose a size larger than what it is advised for the number of people traveling. This way you can maximize the moving space and have more storage space. Look for options with drop down beds which disappear in the morning leaving the space clutter-free. Similarly look for swivel front seats.
- Must have Shower and Toilet facilities: Ensure that the bathroom combines the shower and the toilet as it maximizes the space and is also more fuel efficient.
- Finally, ensure that the air conditioning is working well and the water storage is sufficient.
Take your time to choose because it is a matter of comfort and convenience when you are on the road.